Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Change of Pace (NKP)

"NKP", by the way, stands for "No Kid Pics" in this post :-)

Just a point of personal interest, I've started doing compositing on the show Coraline, from the book by Neil Gaiman. So far it's been a nice change of pace from the Python programming work I've been doing for the last couple years. As Terrie will attest, back during my time at ILM I was much happier while working on a show than I was during the times in between shows. I'm sort of "on loan" from the R+D department to the production, with the expectation that I return to R+D when I'm done here, to continue working on Pipeline tools for Laika's first CG animated feature, Jack and Ben (IMDB's info is terribly out-of-date ...)

It's good to be working on actual images from an actual movie again! Wish me luck.

No comments: